Denamarin® Advanced Tablets
Denamarin® Advanced Tablets is a liver supplement containing S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) and silybin for dogs and cats that provides greater overall absorption as compared to the original Denamarin salt. This translates into smaller, fewer tablets, and lower costs at all weight ranges.
Dogs and Cats
S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) and silybin
Denamarin® Advanced Tablets
- The #1 veterinarian recommended liver support brand
- Combines S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) and Silybin for liver support and protection
- Utilizes the latest SAMe innovation
- Optimal liver support for dogs and cats of all sizes
- Does not contain any dyes
- Smaller, easier to administer tablet
- SAMe has been shown to increase liver glutathione, a potent antioxidant
- SAMe has been shown to help protect liver cells from cell death and may help cell repair and regeneration
- Silybin has been shown to support liver function by acting as an antioxidant that stimulates the flow of bile through the liver to aid in the digestion and absorption of nutrients from your pet's diet
- Silybin helps with liver cell regeneration and enhance levels of glutathione, the liver's major detoxifying agent
- For use with acute liver cases resulting in sharply elevated liver enzymes
- For use with chronic liver cases
- For use when pet is on long term therapies with possible liver toxic agents
Denamarin® Advanced Tablets should be given orally as directed by your veterinarian. For optimal absorption give on an empty stomach at least one hour before a meal. It is suggested that tablets should be followed immediately with a small amount of water to make sure the tablet passes all the way into the stomach. If pilling the dog or cat is not possible, the tablet may be administered with a small amount of food.
Manufacturer Dosing Recommendations
Small Dogs and Cats (SAMe 30 mg, 9mg Silybin A+B)
Cats (all weights): 1 tablet per day
Small dogs (Up to 12 lbs): 1 tablet per day
Medium Dogs (SAMe 82 mg, 24 mg Silybin A+B
12-34 lbs: 1 tablet per day
Large Dogs (SAMe 172 mg, 35 mg Silybin A+B)
35-65 lbs: 1 tablet per day
66-120 lbs: 2 tablets per day
Over 120 lbs: 3 tablets per day
Give the dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose, and continue with the regular schedule. Do not give 2 doses at once.
Denamarin® Advanced Tablets has no known serious side-effects. If your pet is using this medication for the first time please watch for any allergic reactions that might occur, if your pet develops a rash, etc call you veterinarian immediately. If you notice anything unusual, contact your veterinarian.
Drug & Food Interactions
While no drug interactions have been documented, in theory, Denamarin® Advanced Tablets may have an effect on: Tramadol, dextromethorphan, meperidine, selegiline, fluoxetine, amitriptyline, clomipramine and other antidepressant medications, warfarin, verapamil, diazepam. Contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences any unusual reactions when different medications are given together.
Make sure to tell your veterinarian what other medications your pet is on (especially Marin). Make sure to keep Denamarin® and Marin 12 hours apart if your vet prescribes both for your pet. Quite often your veterinarian may prescribe two different medications, even if a drug interaction may occur. Your veterinarian may adjust the dosage of each medication while on this medication.
Allergic reactions to medications may occur. Be sure to inform VetSource and your veterinarian if your pet has any known drug sensitivities or allergies. If your pet displays symptoms of an allergic reaction, call your veterinarian immediately or go to a veterinary emergency clinic. Symptoms may include but are not limited to: swollen lips, tongue, face, airways; difficulty breathing; agitation; profuse salivation; vomiting; widespread hives and itching.
If you are concerned that your pet has experienced an adverse reaction to this medication, please contact the manufacturer Nutramax at 888-886-6442 or Vetsource customer service at 877-738-4443.
Store at 68°F to 77°F in controlled room temperature. Tablets are sensitive to humidity, ensure cap is securely replaced on bottle. Keep this medicine out of reach of children. Store in a childproof container. Store this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not store this medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink or in damp places. The medicine may break down if exposed to heat or moisture.
Sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine product backed by the manufacturer.