Seresto® Collar For Dogs
Seresto® Collar For Dogs is used for the prevention and treatment of ticks and fleas for 8 months. Seresto® collars contain two active ingredients: imidacloprid which has been used in products recommended by veterinarians for years to control flea infestations; and flumethrin, which repels and kills ticks.
Dogs & Puppies (at least 7 weeks and older)
Seresto® Collar Dogs
Parasiticide, Fleas & Ticks
- There are two sizes of Seresto® collars for dogs; up to 18 lbs and above 18 lbs
Small Dog Collar: 15.25" x 0.25" (max neck size is 11.75")
Large Dog Collar: 27" x 0.5" (max neck size is 23" and down to 18lbs with trimming the collar)
- Kills and repels fleas and ticks through contact, no biting required
- Kills existing fleas within 24 hours after application
- Kills and repels fleas before they lay eggs
- Kills and repels Deer ticks, American dog ticks, Brown dog ticks, and Lone Star ticks
- Kills and repels fleas and ticks within 48 hours and continues to prevent infestations for 8 months
- Kills and repels re-infesting ticks in as quickly as 6 hours
- Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours
- Polymer Matrix ensure that both active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface and are continuously released in low concentrations throughout 8 months
- No need for clients to remember monthly applications
- Odorless, non-greasy, easy-to-use
- Comes with three visibility reflectors
- Water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight
- In order to maintain an eight-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month
- For dogs who swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to five months for flea control and reduced to seven months for tick control
- Designed with a two-way release mechanism
One collar per animal to be fastened around the neck. Remove collar from protective bag directly before use. Unroll collar and make sure that there are no remnants from the plastic connectors inside the collar. Insert end of the collar through the buckle. Adjust the collar around the animal’s neck without tightening it too tight (as a guide, it should be possible to insert 2 fingers between the collar and the neck). Pull excess collar through the loop(s) and cut off any excess length extending 1 inch (2 cm) beyond the loop(s). Replace the collar after 8 months for optimal tick and flea protection.
After application, three reflector clips may be fixed permanently to the collar to increase the animal's visibility in the dark. Remove clips from package and evenly distribute on the non-overlapping part of the collar. The clips are correctly applied when a clicking sound is heard. For safety reasons, once the reflectors are fixed to the collar and the clasp is closed they cannot be reopened.
Occasionally slight itching may be observed in animals that are not used to wearing collars in the first few days after fitting. Ensure that the collar is not fitted too tightly. Slight hair loss and mild skin reactions due to the mechanical irritation of the collar may occur at the application site which usually recover within 1 or 2 weeks without the need for collar removal.
Drug & Food Interactions
There are no documented drug interactions with this medication. Contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences any unusual reactions when different medications are given together.
Make sure to tell your veterinarian what other medication you are giving to your pet. Quite often your veterinarian may prescribe two different medications, even if a drug interaction may occur. In this case, your veterinarian may vary the dose and/or monitor your pet more closely.
Keep the collar in the bag and in the outer packaging until use. Do not attach a leash to this collar. As with any pesticide product, do not allow small children to play with the collar or reflectors, or to put them into their mouths. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and cold water after fitting the collar. People with sensitivity reactions to the ingredients of the collar should avoid contact with the collar. Choking hazard. Contains small parts. Do not place collar or reflectors in mouth. Not intended for use on humans.
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on other animals. Do not use on puppies under seven weeks of age. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Allergic reactions to medications may occur. Be sure to inform VetSource and your veterinarian if your pet has any known drug sensitivities or allergies. If your pet displays symptoms of an allergic reaction, call your veterinarian immediately or go to a veterinary emergency clinic. Symptoms may include but are not limited to: swollen lips, tongue, face, airways; difficulty breathing; agitation; profuse salivation; vomiting; widespread hives and itching.
If you are concerned that your pet has experienced an adverse reaction to this medication or have concerns about the product, please contact the manufacturer Elanco at 888-545-5973 or contact Vetsource customer service at 877-738-4443.
Store long term at 70°F in controlled room temperature. Store in original packaging to protect from moisture & freezing. If kept at room temperature and sealed in the original packaging, product does not have an expiration date. Keep this medicine out of reach of children. Store in a childproof container. Store this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not store this medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink or in damp places. The medicine may break down if exposed to heat or moisture.
Sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine product backed by the manufacturer.