Zylkene® Capsules are a behavior supplement that helps dogs and cats relax, adapt to new locations, or cope with challenging situations without making them drowsy.
- Helps to reduce chronic and situational stress in cats and dogs, and increase their ability to cope with change
- Clinically proven to help relieve stress without drowsy side effects
- Veterinarian recommended to help pets cope with challenging situations like thunderstorms, car rides, separation, and more
- Made with natural ingredients that are easy on sensitive stomachs with a lactose- and preservative-free formula
- The only brand to contain alpha-casozepine, a naturally occurring milk protein found in cow’s milk
- Used when pets are visiting new places, in new situations, and meeting new people
- Capsules can be opened and the contents sprinkled on food or administered whole
- Capsules are water soluble and can be added to liquids for administration
- Can be used short or long term
Hydrolyzed Milk Protein (Bovine) Providing Alpha-Casozepine
FD&C blue #1 (capsule), Hypromellose (capsule), Magnesium stearate, Maltodextrin, Titanium dioxide (capsule)
For short-term use: Begin administration of Zylkene 1-2 days before the anticipated event or change in environment. Some animals may need earlier administration (5-7 days). Administer Zylkene before the pet can anticipate the change in environment or event.
For long-term use: Administer Zylkene for 1-2 months and then reassess the dog or cat. A pre-exposed animal may take longer to respond to Zylkene. Association with a behavior modification program and environmental management may help in these situations.
Manufacturer Dosing Recommendations
75 mg Capsules
10 lbs. and under: 1 capsule daily
11 - 22 lbs: 2 capsules daily
225 mg Capsules
23-32 lbs: 1 capsule daily
33-65 lbs: 2 capsules daily
450 mg Capsules
33-65 lbs: 1 capsule daily
66-132 lbs: 2 capsules daily
Give the dose as soon as you remember, unless it is time for the next dose. Do not double dose. If your pet has missed a dose please consult with your veterinarian.
These products are usually well tolerated and adverse reactions are uncommon at recommended doses. Notify your veterinarian if your pet experiences any adverse reactions to this product.
Drug & Food Interactions
There are no documented drug interactions with Zylkene® Capsules. Contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences any unusual reactions when different medications are given together. Make sure to tell your veterinarian what other medication you are giving to your pet. Quite often your veterinarian may prescribe two different medications, and a drug interaction may be anticipated. In this case, your veterinarian may vary the dose and/or monitor your pet more closely.
For use in dogs & cats only. In case of overdose, contact your veterinarian immediately. In case of accidental overdose, contact a veterinarian immediately. Safe use in pregnant or breeding animals has not been proven. If animals condition worsens or dose not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
If you are concerned that your pet has experienced an adverse reaction to this product, please contact the manufacturer Vetoquinol at 817-529-7500 or Vetsource customer service at 877-738-4443.
Store at controlled room temperature. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Keep in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine product backed by the manufacturer.